Sunday, August 05, 2007

The 90 Day Challenge - Day 5 - Gratitude

Today I woke up with Gratitude on my mind. I've always known that I have a beautiful life, and each morning I take time to acknowledge that fact, and to express gratitude for the person that I am and the life that I have created.

Each morning when I wake up, I said “Thank You” to God for giving me the gift of another day. Then I go about looking around my home, being grateful for the things that fill my environment. I can truly say that everything in my home has been hand-picked by me, and I love and cherish each and every item, with each holding a deeper meaning of a particular time and place or activity that reminds me of having lived a full life.

My personality is apparent in each and every object. I’ve decorated my home in a style that speaks clearly to my own sensibilities, and am nurtured by the quality and meaning of each composition.

I’ve learned that a home is a place that should nurture you, give you comfort, and express to the world what your heart is about.

I’m grateful for the totality of the environment that I live in, which includes:
• The building
• The furnishings
• The color on the walls of my dwelling
• The peacefulness and energy of the space
• The elegance and vibrancy of my choices
• The weather that surrounds my existence
• The view from the windows of my home and soul
• The friends and acquaintances in my life
• The city that I currently call home
• This country
• Being a citizen of the world

Being in gratitude encompasses so much more that one might think initially. It is about ALL of the components of one’s life, loves and passions. And, it is about being grateful for, and acknowledging the greatness of, YOURSELF.

Most of all, I am grateful for this moment, realizing that there is no greater gift than being right here, right now, acknowledging and experiencing the blessing that I have been given in this moment. I AM.

2 comments:

brunsli said...

Having had the privilege of being in your home, I had to comment to say that it indeed a lovely space. I could tell that each object, book, photo, etc. was chosen carefully and has its own story.

And then there's the view...

Creyole said...

You are back!!! Yeah and I'm loving following your 90 Challenge!