Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The 90 Day Challenge - Day 2

Everyone,

I am happy to report that things are still on course and moving along very well. I have also realized that its time for rubber to hit the road. As promised in my initial email and yesterday’s installment, this process promises to be a very revealing look at my life, so that others may easily resonate with the issues and concepts that will inevitably arise.

This has been a day of discovery, with financial freedom emerging as the first item requiring attention, so I have initiated work in that direction. Researching items, initiating correspondence and confronting a [very large] pile of paper on my desk at home has been the order of the evening. Additionally, contacting creditors, looking at my personal budget and taking stock of surrounding issues has been the focus.

Finance is one of the five pillars in James Arthur Ray’s “Harmonic Wealth” philosophy that I wrote about yesterday, and my senses tell me that I will gravitate to one or the other over the days and weeks to come as different issues arise. The fact of the matter is that there will/can never be complete harmony in all areas - we sometimes call that “balance”, however, life is designed to be random and will therefore generate imbalance at every turn. This is definitely a good thing. Just think about it. If everything was truly balanced, there would be nothing new to discover. What a boring existence that would be.

I’m beginning to understand the depth of the intention process that I spoke about yesterday. In my discussions and communications today, I’ve gained clarity about the necessity of placing focus on my financial well being, and am sharing that fact with you so that I may be held accountable for taking right action. I hope that you can feel my commitment and heart here. I acknowledge that I accomplished all that I could today in this direction, and much more attention is forthcoming over the course of the next 89 days and beyond.

I’ve decided to create a spreadsheet showing a workable budget comprised of obligations, amounts due, payment schedules, and workable time periods to optimize my process. This portion of the project will definitely move beyond the 90 day challenge, as should be expected; what is important here is that I am creating a new habit that will allow for final resolution on open issues over the next few years. Starting - and continuing - a process like this has been difficult for me over the years, and now I realize that in order to truly be “wealthy”, I need to pay close attention to all aspects of my life.

Again, thank you for checking in with me, and please, do let me know what you think. I invite you to engage me in this conversation. If you think that I'm not being authentic in my conversations and actions, please tell me! My intent is to create real value here.

All the best on this day number 2,

Kristian

1 comment:

CarmenNC said...

Ahh Haa. I have to pay my property taxes by January 7008. I recently paid off my one and only credit card. This left me with very little money in my account. Usually I pay over six months, but I just want to pay it all off and not worry about it. To do that I would use my savings. I would feel guilty for taking the money out and then worry about saving that amount again it. I don't like spending money on taxes. I have yet to decide my next move.