Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Brilliant, Gorgeous, Talented and Fabulous





My deepest fear is not that I am inadequate. My deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure. It is my light, not my darkness that frightens me. I ask myself, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?”

Actually, who am I not to be. I am a child of God. My playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around me. I am meant to shine, as children do. I was born to manifest the glory of God that is within me. It’s not just in me, it’s in everyone. And as I let my own light shine, I unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As I am liberated from my own fear, my presence automatically liberates others.

Paraphrased from Marianne Williamson – A Return to Love

2 comments:

Natural Kinks said...

Kristian I'm loving it already! Your spirit shines through your words, your words, brighten up the spirit! Good going and happy blogging!

kristian alexis perry said...

Vee, thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. They are very much appreciated!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Kristian